October 2020 - PRESENT
• Building a community service mobile application for an EdTech client, with the goal of creating a curated cultural experience that is personified to the user.
Includes: local sports & entertainment events, calendars, and 'upvote'/social engagement features for student groups.
• Tech: React Native, iOS (Xcode) and Android (Android Studio) simulators, Expo, Node, Express, Firebase
May 2020 - Oct 2020
• Built a UI analytics dashboard and internal automation tool for InsightRX's event capture service.
Led the team and created a web app to manage the event capture data,
providing a tool for registering/tracking new events and analytics visualization UI with tables/charts.
Included: full-stack app, optimisation, debugging, new features.
• As Project Lead, led the team by implementing agile/kanban methodologies, assigning tasks, running regular scrums, attending weekly sprints with client head engineers and team, and creating/presenting product demos.
• Created authentication using passportjs, built database for storing user credentials using MongoDB, helped build backend and set up/test API calls, used Redis cache and Trie autocomplete, converted app to React, created functional components and custom hooks, implemented Redux for state management, retrieved data by API calls and and implemented DFS graph traversal to dynamically generate tables/charts analytics from JSON config. Migrated app to Serverless framework using AWS Lambda and DynamoDB.
• Tech: JS, Node, React, Redux, Express, Redis, auth0, passport, MongoDB, JSON, Axios, Trie, AWS, DynamoDB
April - May 2020
• Provided an enhanced, non-intrusive experience on the Honda Autos site by geolocating users upon
landing, while optimising page download and server-side performance. This involved implementing Global Geolocation
to be applied sitewide for zip code retrieval, with a map display using Bing Maps API, and session cookies.
• Tech: Vanilla JS, Axios, Node, Express, JSON, http GET/POST requests, Bing Maps API, Regex, session cookies
January 2018 - Present
• Developed growth and retention strategies that led to 42%+ increase in revenue and 40% activation
• Reported directly to SVP of Global Markets. Forecasted annual/quarterly budgets, developed growth strategies, measured ROI, oversaw departmental goals, and worked closely with our developers and data scientist teams.
• Built and A/B tested retention and winback emails, as well as automated responsive email drip campaigns for onboarding on desktop and mobile (using HTML, CSS, SQL,), increasing activation rates and RPU by 40%.
• Managed UA campaigns (DOI, Co-reg, PPC, CPA, SEO, Referral) across multiple digital channels (Google Ads, Facebook Ads, Snapchat Ads) and affiliate partners, that led to a 40% increase in MAUs in multiple verticals.
• Presented weekly/quarterly Revenue & UA Dashboards on KPIs, revenue growth, pain-points, and strategies.
University of California, Los Angeles
University of Southampton, UKArchaeology, Digital Humanities, ArcGIS, Q-GIS, Agisoft Metashape, Photogrammetry, Social Networks
University of Southampton, UK
University of Southampton, UK
Hi there! I am Carmen Obied.
I am a Full-Stack Software Engineer & Digital Marketing Manager in Los Angeles, CA, with 5 years of experience focused on building, optimising and scaling apps and UX internationally. I hold a PhD and years of experience in management, research and data analysis. Positioned to offer unique perspectives in the tech industry, leveraging background in adtech, programming and science.
Hobbies: Scuba-Diver, Rock-Climber, Explorer - Always looking for exciting new challenges and adventures!Learn More
Downtown Los Angeles, CA, U.S.A.